Update on Life

It has been a long time since I have last posted. I had all intentions of posting at least once a month while finishing school last semester, but through applying at churches, interviews, the holidays, and my trip to the Middle East, I've been pretty distracted. I've started a few different drafts, but nothing made the final cut when trying to write. It's been awhile and a lot is going on, so I'll give a short update.

A month ago I turned in my last paper of seminary, and it felt really good. But honestly, sitting here typing now feels so much like school that I have lost my motivation to keep going. Nevertheless, I will, for the sake of my faithful readers (mostly family) that I am very thankful for.

The end of seminary couldn't have been a bigger highlight. I was fortunate enough to go to Muscat, Oman for my intercultural trip. It was my last requirement, and what better place to spend it? Now Oman was amazing! While we, myself and other future pastors and our professor, were in Oman, we studied Christian-Muslim relations, got to learn about Islam from Muslims, rather than the news and books, we got to explore another culture that is completely different than the U.S., and we got to hear how Christians and Muslims have worked together in Oman for a very long time.

There were so many things to talk about concerning Oman, and I really wish I could describe in full all what I got to experience. I will spare myself from typing all of it out, but if you want to know anything, have questions about me going to a Muslim country as a future Christian pastor, or comments (that are not degrading of other humans), feel free to ask, email, or comment here and I'll do my best to respond.

Essentially this brings me to the last month that I haven't said anything about, but nothing really happened during the holidays before my trip. I mean, the fall had some cool things. I was lucky enough to help lead my cousin's wedding with a another pastor, and I couldn't have been happier to be asked to do that.

Since getting back from Oman, I've continued the job hunt. It has been a fun and exciting journey so far, and hopefully will continue as such. Malorie and I continue to look at many church profiles, continue to find grammatical errors in my church profile, and keep ourselves busy so that we don't just sit and wait during this time. Malorie is still teaching  High School Spanish at Calvary, I am still coaching JV basketball and youth pastoring at Third CRC, and we have recently started rock climbing fairly often together.

As there really isn't much to say as of right now there is not much else to say. I hope to write more often about thoughts that come from my current readings, stuff happening in the world, what is going on in life, and how it all interacts with the church and my calling to be a pastor.

Blessings,

Jacob

Comments

Popular Posts